Core Investigators and Leadership Team with the Taylor Family Institute
The Department of Psychiatry at Washington University School of Medicine provides administrative support for the Taylor Family Institute. Charles Zorumski, MD, Samuel B. Guze Professor of Psychiatry and Neurobiology, who has led the department for more than 15 years, serves as Director for the Institute. Laboratories for specific investigators reside within each member’s primary department within the school.
A group of core investigators provides scientific leadership and oversight of the Institute through a combination of both formal monthly progress sessions and other more informal meetings.
The Executive Committee of the Department of Psychiatry, with input from key community psychiatrists, provides strategic oversight of the Institute.
Core members of the Institute include:
- Gustav Akk, PhD (Anesthesiology)
- Ziwei Chen, PhD (Anesthesiology)
- Douglas Covey, PhD (Developmental Biology)
- Alex Evers, MD (Anesthesiology)
- Yukitoshi Izumi, MD, PhD (Psychiatry)
- Steven Mennerick, PhD (Psychiatry)
- David Reichert, PhD (Radiology)
- Joe Henry Steinbach, PhD (Anesthesiology)
- David Wozniak, PhD (Psychiatry)
- Charles Zorumski, MD (Psychiatry)